Gas Burning Fireplaces
A natural gas fireplace has plenty of advantages that make it even more attractive to homeowners who are looking for not only style but also a savings on their energy bill.
Some Benefits Include:
- Constant heat
- No chopping or buying wood
- No sparks or crackling ashes
- Save at least 25% on your energy bill
- Natural gas supply is automatically renewed through a gas line
- No chimney cleanings
Fireplaces - Fireplaces can be either masonry fireplaces or factory-built fireplaces (also called prefabricated or "prefabs"). They are usually open face but most come standard with doors.
A masonry fireplace is almost always built of bricks. There are some specialty types that are more exotic and use refractory materials, but 99.9% of them are made with bricks.
A factory-built fireplace is a metal box with refractory bricks inside manufactured to be framed into a house, without masonry. Sometimes they are gas fireplaces, but are often for burning wood.
Insert - An insert can be put into any factory built open faced fireplace. It is important to remember inserts can only go into a fireplace that is built into the home.
Stove - Freestanding unit. Usually installed in a central location with clearance around all areas of the stove.
Can be used for cooking or heating.
- Ironstrike Gas Stoves & Inserts
- Heat N Glo Gas Inserts & Stoves
- Heatilator www.heatilator.com/
- J.A. Roby www.jaroby.com/en/
- Kozy Heat www.kozyheat.com/
- Pacific Energy Gas Fireplaces, Stoves & Inserts
- Quadrafire Gas Stoves & Inserts
- Napoleon Gas Fireplaces, Stove & Inserts
- Town & Country